Meet the team
As the firm's Managing Partner Alasdair has been actively involved in the growth of the firm, and strengthening and developing the key sector teams.
Having worked for several years in a large London law firm, Alasdair also provides legal opinions on the Scottish aspects of cross-border transactions to London instructing agents, most recently in relation to both shipping and aircraft finance.
Alasdair advises on company law and general corporate and commercial matters and has been involved in a variety of acquisition transactions on behalf of Scottish clearing banks dealing with documenting facility arrangements and related security documentation.
- Acting for the vendors in relation to the sale of a luxury hotel in Scotland.
- £20 million refinance of a property portfolio group including cross-border aspects.
- Sale of a manufacturing company to an American purchaser.
- Scottish law advice relating to a mortgage portfolio securitisation transaction.
- Section 110 Insolvency Act reorganisation of group companies.
- Acquisition of various insurance businesses.
- Legal opinion relating to cross-border security issues affecting locomotive rolling stock.
- Advising a Scottish University in relation to the creation and operation of a clean room facility and related joint venture documentation.
News & Insights
From the team
We are delighted to launch Lindsays Corporate Padel Tennis League with Edinburgh Sports Club
Edinburgh’s first-ever Corporate Padel Tennis League starts next month with teams competing in this fast-growing sport which combines tennis, squash and racketball
Would you let a stranger run your family business?
In family businesses, issues such as succession and relationships can determine the future of the business as much as profit and loss
Three of our Commercial Property Partners to attend MIPIM 2017
Derek Nash, Alastair Goodman and Gavin Buchan of our Property and Banking teams are looking forward to attending MIPIM, the global property trade show