- Contact Details
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: 0131 656 5650
Caledonian Exchange 19A Canning Street Edinburgh EH3 8HE
Alison is a partner in our Private Client department. Having trained with Lindsays, Alison returned to the firm in October 2010. She has experience in a broad range of private client work including, wills, adults with incapacity, powers of attorney and guardianship orders. Throughout her career, Alison has developed expertise in negotiating on inheritance tax matters with HM Revenue & Customs. She has a particular interest in dealing with elderly clients and provides advice and assistance in relation to care at home and care home fees.
- Negotiating with HMRC on the agricultural and business property relief available on deceased clients' interests in farms and farming businesses successfully reducing the inheritance tax burden.
- Obtaining an order for financial provision for an unmarried client whose partner had died without leaving a will.
- Helping families through what can be difficult and sometimes distressing legal matters following the death of a loved one.
- Alison is also a writer to the Signet and a Notary Public.