Any business with cashflow issues needs good professional advice to avoid the pitfalls that can otherwise overtake the best of businesses and their owners. We have the expertise to handle the typical difficulties your business might encounter, and can help you get through them, whether by corporate reorganisation, debt management or the services of our distressed property team.
We act for Insolvency Practitioners, Lenders, companies in difficulties, their Directors and their creditors in both pre and post insolvency situations. Our team routinely advises clients in presenting notes in liquidation, administration and sequestration proceedings, such as the fixing of remuneration and actions for recovery of possession of heritable property.
Our insolvency services include:
- Advising directors on their duties and liabilities in an insolvent company
- Debt and company restructurings
- Buying and selling businesses and their assets in insolvency situations
- Court appointments of insolvency practitioners in liquidations and administrations and related orders
- Advising on insolvency procedures
Our property recovery services include:
- Strategic advice on the preferred method of disposal of the property
- High quality estate agency services. We can also work with local agents, manage them as appropriate and report to you.
- The ability to carry of the legal work involved in the disposal or commercial and residential property. We have a conveyancing team focused on the issues relevant in recovery situations including the necessary protections for Insolvency Practitioners.
We also advise Trustees in sequestration on the various contentious issues which arise where individual debtors refuse to cooperate in relation to bankruptcy proceedings, including examination of debtors before the court and assisting where debtors have attempted to conceal property.
Latest service news & features
21 March 2013
In our latest insolvency and recovery bulletin we cover greater scrutinee of fees and an interesting decision regarding mora, taciturnity and acquiescence.