Any business with cashflow issues needs good professional advice to avoid the pitfalls that can overtake the best of businesses and their owners.
We have the expertise to handle the typical difficulties your business might encounter, and can help you navigate through them, using corporate reorganisation, debt management or the assistance of our distressed property team.
Our insolvency services
We act for insolvency practitioners, lenders, companies in difficulties, their directors and their creditors in both pre- and post-insolvency situations. Services we typically provide include:
- advising directors on their duties and liabilities in an insolvent company
- debt and company restructurings
- buying and selling businesses and their assets in insolvency situations
- court appointments of insolvency practitioners in liquidations and administrations and related orders
- advising on insolvency procedures.
We routinely advise clients on presenting notes in liquidation, and administration and sequestration proceedings, such as the fixing of remuneration and actions for recovery of possession of heritable property.
Our property recovery services
We can offer you a range of support, including:
- strategic advice on the preferred method of disposal of the property.
- high-quality estate agency services. We can also work with local agents, manage them as appropriate and report to you.
- carrying out the legal work involved in the disposal of commercial and residential property. We have a conveyancing team focused on the issues relevant in recovery situations including the necessary protections for insolvency practitioners.
Advice for trustees in sequestration
We can guide you through the various contentious issues which arise where individual debtors refuse to cooperate in relation to bankruptcy proceedings, including examination of debtors before the court and assisting where debtors have attempted to conceal property.
Meet the team
Title: Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution and Litigation
Department: Dispute Resolution and Litigation