Child support is an essential element in many family law cases and requires expert attention.
You may be a father who has recently separated from your partner and needs to clarify with the Child Maintenance Service (CMS) the correct level of maintenance to pay. Or you may be a mother who is unsure of what you can expect your former partner to contribute.
Whatever your situation, our award-winning team of family law solicitors can help you to find the best solution.
A calm and practical approach in difficult situations
We can offer advice on:
- how to appeal against incorrect CMS rulings
- applications to revise or supersede a CMS decision
- preparation for, and representation at an appeal
- getting answers out of the CMS (or the old Child Support Agency) in relation to a continuing case
- calculating the appropriate amount of maintenance before the CMS gets involved
- how to negotiate and enter into informal arrangements with your former partner regarding child support and maintenance.
Some of these cases will require appearance at court or at a tribunal. Others will need only a phone call or a letter to the CMS or your former partner’s lawyers.
In each case, we will explain the different options available to you, and try to achieve outcomes that work for all the parties involved. By looking for amicable solutions, we aim to prevent any problems with child support and maintenance in the future.
Family Law Fixed Fee Package
During uncertain times in life, our experienced and understanding solicitors offer you the reassurance of practical solutions and fixed-fee advice