We act for a wide range of clients within the healthcare sector including dentists, GPs, care home and nursery providers, pharmacists, opticians and vets. We also work with major healthcare charities.
As a result of our long experience of working with healthcare clients, we have excellent connections with key intermediaries in the sector, such as accountants, valuation and marketing agents, funders and other specialist consultants, providing our clients with good access to these experts if they need them.
Our services for the healthcare sector
- Property: acquisition, disposal and leasing of premises, development of new buildings, sale/purchase of businesses
- Corporate: advice on corporate structures (limited companies / limited liability partnerships (LLPs) / partnerships) and related agreements, share sales and acquisitions, terms of business
- Funding: review and negotiation of loan and refinance agreements, personal guarantee advice, and putting in place the required security package.
- Regulation: advice on premises, statutory compliance issues, health and safety, and regulatory licences and consents.
- Litigation: debt recovery, property dispute issues, professional negligence, and employer’s liability.
- Employment: reviewing and preparing employment contracts and employee handbooks, advice on ongoing employment issues, compromise agreements.
Our work for clients in the sector is diverse, and typically includes:
- corporate assistance on the purchase of nursing homes
- advice on the setting-up and restructuring of medical and dental practices
- acquisition of premises and provision of employment advice to healthcare charities
- acting for the receiver selling nursing homes.
- advice on funding arrangements for research.
Meet the team
Title: Partner, Head of Commercial Property
Department: Commercial Property