Our renewable energy team advise landowners, developers and communities on projects across Scotland, providing combined expertise in rural issues and renewables
Renewable energy projects are a valuable source of revenue for rural landowners and communities and we work with landowners, developers and communities on wind, hydro, biomass and solar projects. Developer clients include Community Wind Power and Endurance Wind.
Our reputation in this sector is based on our ability to advise clients on all the legal processes required to deliver a successful renewable energy project, which requires a full understanding of the renewable energy and rural sectors.
We have a team of people drawn from different specialisms, including rural services, commercial leasing and corporate and technology, who are prepared to make the extra effort for clients – to listen, to innovate, and to do everything required to make a complex project come together.
Land options to licensing agreements
The team can help on all aspects of renewable energy projects including:
- negotiating option agreements, leases and Section 75 agreements.
- dealing with title examination and all other due diligence
- facilitating funding arrangements
- dealing with protection and application of renewable energy technology, and preparing licensing and supply agreements
- setting up trading subsidiaries
- advising on procurement and contract formation issues and all other associated documentation.
Meet the team
Title: Partner, Head of Rural Services
Department: Rural Services