Our hospitality and leisure clients include high-profile restaurant groups, retail chains, nightclubs, bingo halls, rugby and football clubs, racecourses, hotel groups and pub chains.
They range from small family businesses to international chains.
We underpin our legal knowledge with an understanding of the trade, so our advice is not based solely on legal issues but also on how they impact your business.
We offer advice on all the legal matters that relate to hospitality and leisure businesses. These include:
- compliance with employment law
- buying or leasing property
- incorporation and forming partnerships
- construction law issues if there is, or has been, refurbishment or new development
- technology/IT matters and data protection
- compliance with planning law
- help with resolving disputes.
Working with families and franchises
In our experience, many businesses in the hospitality and leisure sector are family-owned businesses or franchises. We have good experience of advising on the specific issues affecting both types of business.
With family businesses, we are sensitive to the way that family dynamics can shape your business’s legal requirements, and we can give you advice on areas such as succession and tax planning.