Our strong and experienced corporate law team advises on all aspects of corporate and business law and related areas such as banking, finance and venture capital. In the current economic climate, our ability to combine these specialisms is especially valuable to companies looking to refinance or raise capital.
As well as general advisory work for our corporate clients, we can:
- guide business start-ups and spin-outs from creation to sale, helping prepare memorandum and articles of association, shareholders agreements , negotiate contracts, comply with regulation, and protect intellectual property
- help companies at all stages to refinance or raise venture capital
- offer specialist advice on restructuring a company, including mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and reorganisation
- guide businesses through the new Companies Act 2006 requirements
- help people looking to sell or acquire a business, working closely with other professionals such as accountants, and project managing transactions.
One aspect of law for which we are well known is working within the education sector to commercialise research projects. The corporate law team works closely day-to-day with our education and intellectual property teams in this sector.
If you would like to be kept up to date with issues and challenges facing Scottish businesses join our Corporate and Technology Legal News Group on LinkedIn.