The franchising sector has performed robustly despite the difficult economic climate. More than ever, it is a good option for anyone looking to start their own business, or to expand their existing business.
We have a strong presence in the franchising sector in Scotland, and are one of the few law firms to be affiliated to the British Franchise Association.
Buying a franchise is an exciting time, but it can also be daunting. We can guide you through the process, including:
- reviewing and advising on franchise agreements
- advising and drafting property documentation such as leases
- dealing with employment issues
- providing intellectual property advice
- advising on dispute resolution.
- We do our utmost to make the process as smooth and straightforward for you as possible.
If you are a franchisor, we can look after all your legal interests, whether you are looking to set up a franchise for the first time, or already have a large network. This includes:
- drafting franchise agreements;
- giving advice on intellectual property and trademarks
- dealing with corporate law matters
- advising on employment law issues
- providing advice on dispute resolution
Our franchising law team is a cross-departmental group of lawyers who combine specialist knowledge of all the legal issues relating to franchising with a commercial understanding of the sector. This, we believe, is central to helping you to start, and grow, your business.
Latest service news & features
9 May 2016
Peter Tweedie (left), corporate partner who joined the firm with the Shield & Kyd merger four years ago, has been elected chairman.